Android fan boys, you already know what Bluestacks is and if you really don’t know.
Bluestacks 2 and 3 is an Android emulator that you can install onto your PC that will emulate Android applications and games. It’s literally like having an Android phone operating system on your Windows PC without having to physically connect your phone.
It saves you the hassle and reaps all the awesome benefits if you’re an Android fan, because with your Windows PC, you’ll have more CPU power, ram and larger screen size.
We can take it a bit further and root Bluestacks 2/3 and reap even more benefits of a rooted Android.
Wait wait wait… whats the benefits of a rooted android? Check out the article below
MUST READ: Benefits of a Rooted Android Device
Are you all in to root bluestacks?
If your answer is a FUDGE YEAH, then we have two methods below you can follow on how you can root your Bluestacks 2
How to Root Bluestacks 3
Before we begin, we have to download and install Bluestacks onto our Windows PC:
Download and Install Bluestacks 3
- Go to http://bluestacks.com/download
- Download Bluestacks Installer
- Open and begin the installation process
- Make a desktop icon shortcut for quick launch
- Open Bluestacks
- Log into your Google Play Store account.
Method 1: Root Bluestacks 3 Using BSTweaker2
Download required rooting files
- BSTweaker 2
- Superuser X Apk
- Open Bluestacks 3
- Open BSTweaker program file from the downloaded zip/rar file (must have bluestacks and BSTweaker open at the same time to root)
- Select the Helper tab
- Select Patch on the right side of Root Bluestacks
- After that, it should be rooted. Double check with a root checker
How to Root Bluestacks 2
Method 1: Root Bluestacks 2 using Kingroot
- Download the Kingroot APK from https://kingroot.net/
- Install Kingroot APK in Bluestacks 2
- Open and Run Kingroot inside Bluestacks 2
- Wait a few seconds, you will see a green check mark
- Reboot Bluestacks 2
- Thats it, you’ve succesfully rooted Bluestacks 2
Method 2: Root Using BS Easy Tool
- Download BS Easy tool for rooting Bluestacks 2
- Unzip the downloaded zip file to a folder
- Double click to run “BS Helper” file
- A small application will open
- Click on “Patch for Superuser X” then wait
- After the process is finished, you’ll see a success message in the status bar
- Superuser X will open in your Bluestacks 2 App player.
Same as method 1, use root checker to verify that Bluestacks has been successfully rooted.